While this year we may not be able to be with our mom’s or special woman in our lives, it doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate and show them we care. We don’t need to tell you why this day is important; mom is arguably the most underpaid job title! Taking a little time or money showing all the mom’s in your life how much you appreciate them and notice all their small sacrifices is very important.
Right now, many mom’s in America are homeschooling, providing daycare, working full-time, and are keeping their households afloat with food, structure and isolation goodies. I encourage you to think of the mom’s in your life who aren’t your mom. Your best friend who is a mom, your grandma, your neighbor with five kids. Let’s look to shower moms with extra love this season.
Here are 10 out of the box ways to show your mom you care during this time:
1. Send her an email listing out all the things you love and appreciate about her.
2. Create a menu and both cook it and Zoom each other to enjoy a Mother’s Day brunch with her.
3. Plan a trip or experience for when you can get together in the future.
4. Send her a card or gift card.
5. Take a hike if you live close by, while still practicing social distancing and get out in the fresh air with your mom or friend who is a mom who could use a break.
6. Pick up her favorite takeout and deliver to her door! Or send her some Grubhub (or any food delivery service) if you live far away!
7. Have a game night on the Houseparty App.
8. Do a digital shopping spree. Give her a budget and send her a list of sites you think she might enjoy.
9. Send her bubble bath supplies, for some at home relaxation!
10. Binge a rom-com via Netflix watch party!