Have you decided what you’re giving up for Lent? For years I gave up sugar, which included nearly all desserts and other goodies. This year I’m making a switch. I’m going without wine. Wayne and I generally have a glass of wine two or three times a week with dinner. I’m sure I’ll be a better person for it. A sober woman for sure.
Picking something to give up for an extended period takes commitment, and it needs to be just right for you. The goal is to make a difference in your life in a positive way. I always chose sugar because it helped me become healthier and it truly was a sacrifice (this girl loves her chocolate). Lent is 40 days of spiritual preparation for Easter, and I always look for this as a way to remind myself that what I select for Lent is also not just for me but for God. Here we go, embrace this list with a good attitude as to how giving up one of these things may positively impact you.
1. Social Media
2. Talking first- Make it a point to listen before speaking.
4. Sleeping In: Take the extra time you would normally spend sleeping in and commit it to something positive. Working out, reading your bible, or even knitting something for another person.
7.The Snooze Button
8. Spending on Unnecessary Things
11. Microwave Foods
12. Reality TV
13. Chocolate: Hello smaller pants size.
14. Throwing away leftovers
16. Bread- Oprah said it best, I LOVE bread
19. Throw away 40 things, one for every day
20. Gossiping about others